11 April 2008

*much better


this is the craft project that did go well! (http://www.kidscraftweekly.com/index.html) This site is amazing! I've found sooo many great ideas for things to do with Benji (and Jenee' when she gets older)! I'm so excited! This is a music shaker, no it's not a bunch of pills awaiting Benji's ingestion. This is an old pill bottle, but those are dry beans inside (which Benji put there himself, I'm so proud!), and stickers decorating the outside (which Benji picked out and put on himself, again I'm so proud!)!! Now it has a place of honor in his music area. His ribbon wand for dancing, his music (with Philadelphia Chickens CD inside, which is fabulous --thanks mama), and his horn (project in progress, but still used)! Yay!!


This picture, boring, I know. I just found these great books at the library! The one with the flower is a black/white book with pictures, but it gave me a great idea to do some applique on some shirts, bags, bibs, and the like for my little kiddos. It has tons of cute little pictures that I can use as templates. The other book is full of awesome ideas for activities, games, crafts and such. I'll be so sad when I have to return it, i'll just have to go hunt it down at the bookstore and buy it!

I have a list a mile long of all the things I want to make, do, create, sew, scrapbook I think I'll pass out with overwhelm before any of it gets done. I'm trying to remind myself that it's okay that I don't get it all done in one day (impossible!), that it's even okay if it takes me this whole year to get some of it done. I'm serious when I say my list is long, and each project isn't small, but if you know me, that's no surprise. I often take on more than is possible for any one human to try to do, and then only some of it gets done. As my friend says, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Well, i don't think this is the case, but I am full of good intentions, so maybe that's saying something. shoot.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Well at least if he ever finds any meds he'll think they're for music not eating! (cute idea by the way!)