29 May 2008

sewing up a storm






I've been sewing and sewing, which is why I haven't been updating or taking pictures of the fam. Here are some of the projects I've been doing lately. I made a dress with matching bloomers for Jenee'. I'm most proud of that! I took a pattern from the book Bend the Rules Sewing for a smock in size 2T, shrunk it, then widened and lengthened, and lined it to make a dress. Then I made up a pattern for the bloomers with a ruffle on the legs. I was very excited to get it done and nervous I'd mess it up with the buttons, however it worked perfectly! Now I've got the bug to start making tons of my kiddos clothes!

The other stuff if a scalloped blanket, 3 bibs, a tote bag, (Bend the Rules Sewing)and a bunny (Wee Wonderfuls)I made. I gave them to my sister in law who's having a baby girl in july.

I made some more stuff, but I'll post those pics on the next post...

No comments: